Sunday 6 October 2013

Sunday Morning

Though it is almost noon the streets are quiet and the air is still and lazy. A way off a lone dog barks in a disinterested manner, as if he only does it because there is nothing else to do. The light seems faded as if even the sun cannot be bothered to exert himself too much. Traffic is picking up now as people go shopping, leave their churches, go to share a meal with family, but even this activity is slow and tranquil compared with the usual weekday rush. I have many tasks to do today but I put them off, wanting this day to stretch out. Tomorrow brings a parting, just a brief one but nevertheless one I do not wish to face. I feel stronger with him here. I grasp his hand, thankful for the togetherness of today, for all the lazy Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment