Thursday 10 October 2013

Let the games begin ...

I want to be a writer and I guess the best way to go about doing that is to actually write. I must slay the dragon of fear, believe in myself and set off on this quest. Before beginning my quest I am arming myself with knowledge from my Open University creative writing course . I also need to practise using these new weapons and have decided to do this by signing up for NaNoWriMo 2013 (National Novel Writing Month). The idea is that you write a novel (at least
50 000 words) over the 30 days of November. No pressure then!
The focus of my blog is therefore going to be shifting from postings of snippets of my writing (although these may still appear from time to time) to a record of some poor fool trying to hammer out a first draft of their first novel in a month.
I know there will be laughter and tears, late nights and writer's cramp but I reckon my first novel is probably not going to be my best one so I might as well get it out of the way quickly, learn from it and when it is finished see if anything can be made of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment